Human Ecology Scholarships
The School of Human Ecology awards well over 30 scholarships each year to our students. On average, students receive $2,000 per scholarship.
Visit SoHE Scholarships@UW-Madison for a complete listing of Human Ecology's undergraduate scholarships.
Scholarship Application Process
The School of Human Ecology uses the campus-wide Common Scholarship Application. The Common Scholarship Application is in your MyUW account, under the Finance Tab, and under the Scholarships section.
- The application includes:
- 2 Letters of Recommendation We prefer that at least one of the letters is written by an instructor from the UW-Madison Campus or a Human Ecology department.
- 2 Short Essays
- Online Profile Completion (found in online application)
- Deadline for application:
- The application will open to Human Ecology students mid-fall and will close on December 6, 2013.
- Students will ONLY be able to complete an application during the open application period.
Help With Your Application
The Human Ecology Scholarship & Awards Coordinator holds Scholarship Information Sessions for students during the open application period.
You must be:
- A current Human Ecology student at UW-Madison
- In good academic standing
- Registered as a full-time student (12 credits) for the upcoming fall semester when payments are made
Incoming freshmen to UW-Madison are not eligible to apply for School of Human Ecology scholarships.
The School of Human Ecology Awards Committee reviews applications annually. This committee is comprised of a faculty member from each Human Ecology department, one instructional/research academic staff member, and one staff member from the Student Academic Affairs & Career Services Office. Selection of recipients is based on academic achievement, qualifications, community involvement, leadership involvement, career aspirations, written letters of recommendation, and extenuating circumstances if applicable.
Students are notified regarding the outcome of their application in mid-to-late March.
Scholarship Payment & Celebration
Students who receive a Human Ecology Undergraduate Scholarship or Award will receive the award during the following fall semester. The scholarship amount will be deposited into the Student Center on MyUW two to three weeks into the following fall semester.
Contact for More Information
The Human Ecology Scholarship & Awards Coordinator can be reaced via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.